The Elegant White Wines of Collio, Italy. Friuli-Venezia Giulia's Collio is known for its Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay. But the region produces a number of aromatic whites with structure and great complexity. The structured, elegant wines of Collio prove that Italy can make serious whites.
Russiz Superiore "Collio" Pinot Grigio 2016
Pinot Grigio Russiz Superiore by Marco Felluga has a natural elegance that develops through wonderful fragrances. Obtained by Pinot Grigio grapes, cultivated in Russiz Superiore-Capriva del Friuli, after harvest, the grapes were separated from the stems. The juice and pulp then underwent a cold maceration at controlled temperatures, followed by gentle pressing to separate the skin from the grapes. Approximately 15% of the must was fermented in oak barrels and the remaining 85% fermented in stainless steel vats. The wine aged on the lees for eight months and a minimum of one month in the bottle. Golden yellow in color with glimmers of copper. The nose has pronounced aromas of ripe apples and pears with a whiff of broom. In the mouth, a citrus-apple fruitiness plays off a crisp acidity that lingers on the palate. The refined spicy flavours revitalized by a tasty touch make this wine one of the finest expressions of Pinot Grigio in Friuli. Really a wonderful wine. We recommend serving it at a temperature of 50°.
90 pts. WE
$33. Special order